What are Dragon Crystals?
Dragon Crystals (DC) are a form of in-game currency in AQ3D that allow you to purchase exclusive items and features that you normally couldn't do without them.
What are they used for?
Dragon Crystals can be used for the following purposes-
- Purchase Dragon Crystal exclusive items ()
- Speed up the process of Crafting
- Instantly purchase items from Craft Shops
- Purchase Boosts and Potions from the Item Shop
- Refill your Dungeon Keys from Dungeons
- Rename your current account name from the Official Account Home Page
- Purchase Bank Vaults for more Bank storage
How do I get Dragon Crystals?
Dragon Crystals can be obtained by purchasing them using real cash, either through the Steam Overlay or through the official AQ3D page.
Do note, that:
- If you are purchasing Dragon Crystals through the Steam Overlay, you will need funds in your Steam Wallet in order to do so. If you are purchasing via Steam Wallet, follow these steps:
- Note: Steam must not be launched in Offline mode in order for this to work.
- 1) Launch AQ3D, logon and connect to a server with the account you wish to purchase Dragon Crystals for
- 2) Open your Inventory
- 3) In your Inventory, there should be a number displaying the amount of Dragon Crystals you have on the bottom right. Click on the green '+' symbol beside it.
- 4) You will be prompted an interface similar to the image at the bottom of this page. Select the amount of Dragon Crystals you wish to purchase.
- 5) A Steam Overlay should pop up, and you will be prompted to confirm the purchase.
- If you do not have enough funds in your Steam Wallet, you will be prompted to 'Add Funds'.
- Clicking on 'Add Funds' will open up the Steam Browser and provide you with several options for Steam Wallet funds.
- Once you confirm payment information after selecting the amount of funds you want, you should be asked to confirm the purchase again.
- 6) Confirm the purchase, and you should fully see your Dragon Crystals when relogging.
- If you are purchasing Dragon Crystals through the official AQ3D site, you will need to select a payment method. You can use Artix Points, PayPal, or credit and debit cards. If you wish to purchase them through this method, follow these steps:
- 1) Logon to your AQ3D account on the AQ3D Account Page
- 2) Click on 'Buy Crystals' next to your account information
- 3) Select the amount of Dragon Crystals you wish to purchase
- 4) Select your payment method, either with Artix Points / PayPal, Credit, Debit
- If you are purchasing Dragon Crystals with Artix Points, selecting that option will redirect you to the payment page. You must be logged onto your Portal account to be redirected properly.
- If you are paying with PayPal, you will be prompted the Xsolla payment interface
- If you are purchasing Dragon Crystals with Artix Points, logon to your Artix Account on the Portal page, then follow these steps:
- 1) Click on 'My Games' beneath your avatar
- 2) Navigate to 'Adventure Quest 3D', then click 'Info'
- 3) Select the amount of Dragon Crystals you wish to purchase and click 'Buy'
- Also note, that:
- You must purchase a minimum of 1,000 Artix Points (equivalent to $5 USD)
- Your account must be properly linked to AQ3D as the payment will only go through the linked account
Players who have backed the AQ3D Kickstarter were given free Dragon Crystals depending on their package type. These bonuses were for the following packages:
- 2,500 Dragon Crystals - Cross-Game Hero / Hero Starter Pack
- 7,500 Dragon Crystals - Guardian Package
- 17,500 Dragon Crystals - Epic Founder & Above
On December 22nd, 2016, all existing accounts created before December 12th, 2016 were given 250 Dragon Crystals for free.
How much are Dragon Crystals?
Dragon Crystals are worth the following prices~, as shown in the image below:
- 200 Dragon Crystals - $1.99 USD
- 900 Dragon Crystals - $4.99 USD
- 2,000 Dragon Crystals - $9.99 USD
- 5,000 Dragon Crystals - $19.99 USD
- 15,000 Dragon Crystals - $49.99 USD
~ as of Closed-Beta and Open Beta
What about Dragon Gems?
Dragon Gems were introduced in the Pre-Beta, where their appearance was green rather than blue. Dragon Crystals were introduced in the Closed-Beta.